Board Game Designer
Position Type: Permanent
Compensation: $50,000 and above, commensurate with experience and skill set.
Please note that the following compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Actual pay can depend upon various factors, including job-related skills, qualifications, and experience.
Location: Denver, CO
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team of board game designers. Candidates should have a passion for board games (and game design in general) and be well-played across multiple genres of games and board game sub-genres.
- Create new board and card game designs with compelling themes and mechanics
- Create rapid prototypes to test ideas
- Bring a positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Provide perspective on design goals aimed at new and experienced board gamers
- Student of modern board games
- Have designed your own card or board games (prototypes count) and are willing to discuss some of them during an interview
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 1+ years of professional game design experience
- Shipped title(s)
- Creative writing background
- Artistic background
- Student of card game design theory
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical aptitude with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with inDesign
- 1 year of college level math
- Ability to lead teams