Junior Graphic Designer
Position Type: Permanent
Compensation: $40,000 and above, commensurate with experience and skill set.
Please note that the following compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Actual pay can depend upon various factors, including job-related skills, qualifications, and experience.
Location: Denver, CO
We’re looking for talented entry level candidates who have a rock solid foundation in graphic design with room to grow. At Dire Wolf we’re constantly making games that are released worldwide in both digital and physical formats. We need a Graphic Designer that can support our localization and marketing teams in bringing our games to wider audiences. On the marketing side, you will be responsible for quickly creating high quality designs for print and digital advertisements, social media marketing, convention materials, and everything in between. On the localization side, we need someone who can come up with elegant typographic, layout, and branding solutions for our physical tabletop games.
- Respond to marketing needs by creating appealing and high quality assets in a variety of formats including print files, assets for digital storefronts, advertisements, and enamel pins.
- Use Unity and various digital platforms to capture gameplay content and prepare it for use in video game marketing.
- Use AfterFX to enhance video and gameplay content when needed.
- Stay up to date with modern trends, technologies, and best practices in marketing communication and visuals.
- Collaborate with Art Directors and the Marketing department to ensure best practices and quality standards.
- Strive for quality and performance standards of art assets and document best practices for asset implementation.
- Strong foundational graphic design skills.
- Strong foundational art skills including drawing, sculpting, human/animal anatomy, composition, color theory, and perspective.
- Ability to work in and adapt to a variety of visual styles.
- Proficient in digital painting techniques using Photoshop.
- Proficient in vector authoring techniques using Illustrator.
- Understanding of the requirements for all the different targets we have for marketing assets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback.
Education / Experience
- Solid foundation in graphic design.
- Solid foundation in traditional art skills such as composition, color theory, and drawing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts or commensurate experience.
- Experience working with video game assets.
- Experience exporting assets for print media.
- Experience authoring and editing video content.