Senior Gameplay Engineer
Position Type: Permanent
Compensation: $75,000 and above, commensurate with experience and skill set.
Please note that the following compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Actual pay can depend upon various factors, including job-related skills, qualifications, and experience.
Location: This position is based in our Denver studio.
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer who enjoys collaborating with game designers and software engineers to bring the rules, features, gameplay tools, and AI to life for a variety of turn-based games. The ideal candidate would be passionate about strategy gaming, experienced in flexible approaches to game logic creation, and familiar with a variety of applied AI solutions, and client-server communications.
- Collaborate with Design department to build fun and engaging gameplay
- Script game entities
- Extend gameplay features
- Work with QA to test and debug game play
- Minimum of four (4) years as an engineer in an applicable industry
- Experience with Client/Server networking.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with teammates
- Experience with finite state machines
- Experience with C# or Java, and at least one (1) scripting language
- Ability to learn new skills and programming languages quickly
- Ability to mentor other engineers
- A passion for gaming and building great games
- Game industry experience
- Knowledge of Scala
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, and Gamelift
- Experience with AI development