Eternal Championship Qualifier: Promises by FirelightDecember 5, 2019
The road to the 2020 Eternal® World Championship continues with the second Eternal Championship Qualifier: Promises by Firelight on December 13 – 15!
ECQ: Promises by Firelight is the first ECQ of the 2020 season to use the Throne format. What decks are positioned to take on the challenge? What surprises might we see with $3,000 on the line?
ECQ: Promises by Firelight consists of two stages: Qualifiers that are open to all players on Steam, iOS, Android, and Xbox, and the Finals that will feature the Top 64 players from the Qualifiers.
Participating in the ECQ requires a registered and validated account and email address. This can be done through the Options menu in-game. We strongly encourage players to register and validate their email addresses in advance of attempting to enter the tournament.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help validating.
- ECQ: Promises by Firelight will use the Throne format.
- All players on Steam, Xbox, and iOS or Android phones & tablets can participate in ECQ: Promises by Firelight.
- The Qualifiers begin on Friday, December 13 at 10 am MST (17:00 UTC) and will close sharply on Saturday, December 14 at 4 pm MST (23:00 UTC).
- No one may enter the tournament or start a new game after 4:00 pm MST (23:00 UTC).
- Games in progress may be completed until 4:30 pm MST (23:30 UTC), at which time all scores will become final.
- Players can complete their games at any time during the Qualifiers; there is no benefit or penalty for playing early, late, or throughout.
- The Qualifiers consist of 28 games, win or lose.
- The Top 64 players from the Qualifiers will progress forward to the Finals.
- ECQ: Promises by Firelight costs 1,800 Gems or 35,000 Gold to enter.
- The Finals begin promptly at 11 am MST (18:00 UTC) on Sunday, December 15.
- Qualifying players must be online and ready to play when the Finals begin.
- You will receive an in-game prompt to join your first game when the Finals begin.
- The Finals are open to only the top 64 players from the Qualifiers.
- Finals matches are best-of-3 games, single-elimination, played with the same constructed deck used in the Qualifiers.
- There will be a short delay between the last active game in a round and the start of the next round.
All Finalists’ decklists will be published prior to the Finals beginning.
- Prizes will be delivered upon conclusion of the Finals. All packs are from The Flame of Xulta.
- All players will receive four alternate-art copies of Shadowlands Guide, and a special ECQ: Promises by Firelight premium card back!
- All players will receive prizes based upon their number of wins in Qualifiers:
- Additionally, players in the Finals will receive prizes based on Leaderboard standings, as follows:
|1st||$1,000 & 32 Packs|
|2nd||$600 & 25 Packs|
|3rd-4th||$300 & 20 Packs|
|5th-8th||$200 & 16 Packs|
Join us for broadcast coverage of the Finals on Sunday, December 15 at 11 am MST (18:00 UTC), live on Twitch!
Special Twitch Drops will be enabled exclusively on the DWD channel during the broadcast — so if you’re not playing in the Finals, make sure to tune in to claim your share of the loot!
Grab your favorite Throne deck and get ready ECQ: Promises by Firelight!