Quarterly Championship PointsNovember 7, 2019
11/12 UPDATE: The next event is Throne Duel — Friday 11/15 at 12 PM MST (19:00 UTC) – Monday 11/18 at 12 PM MST (19:00 UTC)!
11/7 UPDATE: Increased rewards, Expedition Card Back Points, and a full schedule!
The road to the 2020 Eternal World Championship combines the return of Eternal Championship Qualifiers (ECQs) with an exciting new tournament series called Quarterly Championships.
Quarterly Championships will be played every few months, with a separate tournament for the Throne and Expedition formats. While anyone can participate in ECQs, players must earn their way into the Throne and Expedition Quarterly Championships by accumulating Quarterly Championship Points (QCP). There are two principal ways to earn QCP, with separate accumulation for each format:
Two new recurring events will grant QCP as part of their rewards.
- Throne Duel events use the Throne format.
- Expedition Melee* events use the Expedition format.
- A run in either event is 7 games, win-or-lose.
- Runs achieving four or more wins will receive QCP for their format:
- 7 wins – 5 QCP, 5 Packs, 2 Gold chests
- 6 wins – 3 QCP, 4 Packs, 2 Gold chests
- 5 wins – 2 QCP, 4 Packs, 2 Silver chests
- 4 wins – 1 QCP, 3 Packs, 2 Silver chests
- 3 wins – 3 Packs, 1 Silver chest
- 2 wins – 3 Packs, 1 Bronze chest
- 1 win – 2 Packs, 1 Bronze chest
- 0 wins – 2 Packs
- Each run costs 200 Gems or 2,500 Gold to enter, limit six runs per event.
*Expedition Melee events will also grant Expedition Card Back Points, so you can earn card back upgrades while you earn QCP!
Here’s the schedule of QCP-granting events leading up to the 2020 Winter Championships:
- 11/1 – 11/4: Throne Duel & Expedition Melee
- 11/8 – 11/11: Expedition Melee
- 11/15 – 11/18: Throne Duel
- 11/22 – 11/25: Expedition Melee
- 11/29 – 12/2: Throne Duel
- 12/6 – 12/9: Throne Duel
- 12/13 – 12/16: Expedition Melee
- 12/20 – 12/23: Throne Duel
- 12/27 – 12/30: Expedition Melee
In addition to the Throne Duel and Expedition Melee events, players can also accumulate QCP through high finishes in the monthly Throne and Expedition Leaderboards.
Reaching Master on the final Leaderboard standings at the end of the month will award QCP as follows:
- Rank 1 Master – 40 QCP
- Top 20 Master – 15 QCP
- Top 100 Master – 10 QCP
…and for November going forward:
- Master (101+) – 5 QCP
(You can also qualify for the 2020 Eternal World Championship through success in Draft. Get all the details here.)
The 2020 Winter Championships
The first Quarterly Championships will be held in early 2020. More details will be announced closer to the event, but here’s what you need to know:
- QCP earned until 12/31/2019 will be used to qualify for the 2020 Winter Championships.
- The 2020 Throne Winter Championship and Expedition Winter Championship track QCP separately, so players can tailor their approach to the formats they most enjoy.
- To enter a Quarterly Championship requires 25 QCP of the appropriate type (Throne or Expedition).
- Players with 75 QCP receive a bye to the Day Two elimination rounds.
We’re underway on the road to the 2020 Eternal World Championship!