West’s Disgrace $5k Expedition OpenSeptember 15, 2022
The Eternal® 2022 World Championship Series continues later this month with the West’s Disgrace $5K Expedition Open!
- Format: Expedition
- Qualifier Stage begins: Friday, September 23th at 10:00 AM MDT (16:00 UTC)
- Qualifier Stage ends: Saturday, September 24th at 4:00 PM MDT (22:00 UTC)
- Finals Stage begins: Sunday, September 25th at 11:00 AM MDT (17:00 UTC)
- Join us for broadcast coverage live on Twitch!
Everyone who enters this event will receive four alternate art copies of Argenport Noble just for playing. Players with their Mastery Medallion will also receive four premium alternate art copies of Argenport Noble and begin each of their Open Runs with one free win under their belt.
2022 Open Tournament Structure
For the 2022 Organized Play Season, we’ve implemented a few changes to make the Opens simpler and more accessible.
To make it to Sunday’s single elimination Finals, players must win at least 10 games in an Open Run during the Qualifier Stage: Open Runs can be played at any time during the Qualifier Stage and are a total of 14 rounds.
A player may complete up to two Open Runs: Players may compete in a second run, even if they win 10 or more matches in their first run, and are allowed to switch decks between their two runs. If a player has two 10+ win runs, the deck from the run with the most wins will be used for Sunday’s play. If a player has two qualifying runs with an identical number of wins (ex: both were 10-4 runs), the second run will count, and that deck will be used for Sunday’s play.
Due to variable bracket sizes, some competitors will receive byes in the first round of Sunday’s single elimination Finals. With all players who complete a run with 10+ wins qualifying for the Finals, there will always be a varied number of competitors on Sunday. In order to standardize brackets, first round byes will be awarded to top-performing players such that after the first round, the tournament will have 32, 64, or 128 remaining players, then single elimination play will proceed as usual.
Byes are awarded by Open Run standings first, and leaderboard position second. The first tiebreaker for byes is Open Run standings, so even if you get to 10 wins in an Open Run it is valuable to continue to play to improve your record and chance of receiving a bye. In the event that there are fewer byes than players with a certain win threshold, the second tiebreaker will be the Leaderboard standings of the format in question. A player’s Leaderboard standing is the higher of their current month or previous month’s Leaderboard ranking.
Example: 70 players finish their Open Run with at least ten wins, with 30 players having exactly 10 wins. In that event, 58 players would receive a bye, while 12 players would play the first round, putting the field at exactly 64 competitors at the end of Round 1. Everyone with at least 11 wins would receive a bye, as the first tiebreaker is Open Run standings. Byes would be allocated to the players with 10 wins based on their Leaderboard Standings, which is the higher of their two Leaderboard standings at either the end of the previous month, or their current Leaderboard standing at the time they entered their run.
There are two stages: Qualifiers that are open to all players on Steam, iOS, Android, and Xbox, and the Finals that will feature players who win 10 or more games during one of their runs on Friday and Saturday.
Participation requires a registered and validated account and email address. This can be done through the Options menu in-game. We strongly encourage players to register and validate their email addresses in advance of attempting to enter the tournament.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help validating your email address
- All players on Steam, Xbox, and iOS or Android phones & tablets can participate.
- Players can complete their games at any time during the Qualifier Stage.
- Bring your best deck for two runs of 14 games in a battle to make the Sunday Finals.
- Players may enter the event twice, with each entry consisting of two runs of 14 games.
- Players may not switch decks during a run, but are allowed to switch decks between runs.
- The player’s run with the better record will count towards qualification to the Sunday Finals.
- Players will receive in-game rewards for each of their runs.
- All players who win 10 out of 14 games in either of their runs will advance to the Finals on Sunday.
- Each Entry costs 1000 Gems or 20,000 Gold to enter.
- Qualifying players must be online and ready to play when the Finals begin.
- Players will receive an in-game prompt to join the first game when the Finals begin.
- Finals matches are best-of-3 games, single-elimination.
- The Finals are open to all players who win 10 out of 14 games during one of their runs during the Qualifier Stage.
- Seeding for the Finals is determined by a player’s record in their qualifying run.
- Players with Identical qualifying run records are seeded by their Leaderboard rank in the event’s format during either the month of the event or the previous month, whichever is higher.
- If the number of players qualified for the Finals does not exactly fill out the bracket, the highest-seeded players will receive a first-round bye.
- Players will use their same decklist from the Qualifier Stage.*
- There will be a short delay between the last active game in a round and the start of the next round.
- All games must finish before the next round can start, so watch the Bracket View.
- When it is time to play, players will receive an invitation to join the next game.
All Finalists’ Decklists will be distributed to qualified players via email prior to the Finals beginning, so make sure to check the email associated with your Eternal account!
*If a player qualifies for the Finals in both of their runs, the decklist from their run with the better record will be used in the Finals. If both runs had the same record (ex: both were 10-4 runs), then the second of the two runs will be used.
- Prizes will be delivered upon conclusion of the Finals. All packs are from the latest set.
- All players will receive four alternate art promo cards just for playing!
- Players with the Mastery Medallion will also receive four premium alternate art copies of the promo card!
|1||$1,500, Invitation to 2022 Worlds, 32 Packs|
|2||$1,000, 25 Packs of Unleashed|
|3-4||$650, 20 Packs of Unleashed|
|5-8||$300, 16 Packs of Unleashed|
|9-16||12 Packs of Unleashed|
|17-32||8 Packs of Unleashed|
|33+*||4 Packs of Unleashed|
*These Leaderboard Rewards are only given to players rank 33+ who qualify for the Sunday Finals.
|14||32 Unleashed Packs|
|13||30 Unleashed Packs|
|12||28 Unleashed Packs|
|11||26 Unleashed Packs|
|10||24 Unleashed Packs|
|9||22 Unleashed Packs|
|8||21 Unleashed Packs|
|7||20 Unleashed Packs|
|6||19 Unleashed Packs|
|5||18 Unleashed Packs|
|4||17 Unleashed Packs|
|3||16 Unleashed Packs|
|2||15 Unleashed Packs|
|1||14 Unleashed Packs|
|0||10 Unleashed Packs|
Join us for broadcast coverage of the Finals live on Twitch!
Special Twitch Drops will be enabled exclusively on the DWD Twitch channel during the broadcast – so if you’re not playing on Sunday, make sure to tune in to claim your share of the loot!