4/20 Balance UpdateApril 19, 2021
We have a special mid-month balance update tomorrow with an eye towards draft. With tomorrow’s update we’re looking to bring more depth to Empire of Glass Draft and raise the power of what’s possible.
To accomplish this, we have a slightly larger than average number of changes, all to Empire of Glass commons and uncommons. These are mostly buffs targeted at bolstering some additional paths in draft, along with a nerf to help these new synergies flourish. We’re also going to be changing the draft order to be Empire of Glass, Eternal Draft Pack, Eternal Draft Pack, Empire of Glass so you can get a crack at some of these upgraded cards to build around right off the bat.
These changes will go live tomorrow, April 20th. Our next check-in will be our usual beginning of the month balance update as we continue to monitor the latest metagame developments.
- Send to Market – Now 6-cost (was 5-cost)
Side-Buffs (eligible for a Shiftstone refund):
- Shambling Sapsucker – Now 1-cost 1/3 (was 2-cost 2/2)
- Arms Race – Now gives units in your market +3 Strength (was +2 Strength)
- Stakeout – Now 1-cost (was 2-cost)
- Bring Into Focus – Now Amplify 2 (was Amplify 3)
- Daring Swordmaster – Now 3/2 (was 1/1)
- Emerald Overcharger – Now 1-cost (was 2-cost)
- From the Heavens – Now 8-cost (was 9-cost)
- Root Ripper – Now 2/3 (was 2/2)
- Explosive Potential – Now 2-cost (was 3-cost)
- Silver Slicer – Now 3/2 (was 2/2)
- Xumuc Coercion – Now 3-cost (was 4-cost)
Additionally, we’re adding some more cards to the Eternal Draft Pack. To see the list of what’s being added as well as the complete contents of the draft pack, click here.
With all that, we’re excited for players to experience the new Empire of Glass draft format. Just in time for the upcoming Empire of Glass 5k Draft Open. Join us April 30th – May 2nd, where one skilled drafter will qualify for the 2021 Eternal World Championships! Be sure to catch the broadcast for it at 11 AM MST, Sunday May 2nd at twitch.tv/Direwolfdigital.