ECQ: Dead or AliveJune 29, 2020
The Argenport of Vara’s nightmare is rife with danger. Can you survive and climb your way to the top with a price on your head?
The eighth Eternal Championship Qualifier: Dead or Alive is just on the horizon! Players will compete for their spot in the 2020 Eternal® World Championship on July 10 – 12!
ECQ: Dead or Alive consists of two stages: Qualifiers that are open to all players on Steam, iOS, Android, and Xbox, and the Finals that will feature the Top 64 players from the Qualifiers.
Participating in the ECQ requires a registered and validated account and email address. This can be done through the Options menu in-game. We strongly encourage players to register and validate their email addresses in advance of attempting to enter the tournament.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help validating your email address.
- ECQ: Dead or Alive will use the Throne format.
- All players on Steam, Xbox, and iOS or Android phones & tablets can participate.
- The Qualifiers begin on Friday, July 10 at 10 am MDT (16:00 UTC) and will close sharply on Saturday, July 11 at 4 pm MDT (22:00 UTC).
- No one may enter the tournament or start a new game after 4:00 pm MDT (22:00 UTC).
- Games in progress may be completed until 4:30 pm MDT (22:30 UTC), at which time all scores will become final.
- Players can complete their games at any time during the Qualifiers; there is no benefit or penalty for playing early, late, or throughout.
- Bring your best Throne deck for 28 games, win-or-lose, in a battle to make the Top 64.
- You may only enter once, and you may not switch decks between games.
- The Top 64 players from the Qualifiers will progress forward to the Finals.
- Entry costs 1,800 Gems or 35,000 Gold to enter.
- The Finals begin promptly at 11 am MDT (17:00 UTC) on Sunday, July 12.
- Qualifying players must be online and ready to play when the Finals begin.
- You will receive an in-game prompt to join your first game when the Finals begin.
- The Finals are open to only the top 64 players from the Qualifiers.
- Finals matches are best-of-3 games, single-elimination, played with the same constructed deck used in the Qualifiers.
- There will be a short delay between the last active game in a round and the start of the next round.
- All games must finish before the next round can start, so watch the Bracket View.
- When it is time to play, you will receive an invitation to join your next game.
All Finalists’ decklists will be published prior to the Finals beginning.
- Prizes will be delivered upon conclusion of the Finals. All packs are from Argent Depths.
- All players will receive four alternate-art copies of Solitude, and a special Solitude premium card back, just for playing!
- All players will receive prizes based upon their number of wins in Qualifiers:
- Additionally, players in the Finals will receive prizes based on Leaderboard standings, as follows:
|1st||$1,000 & 32 Packs|
|2nd||$600 & 25 Packs|
|3rd-4th||$300 & 20 Packs|
|5th-8th||$200 & 16 Packs|
Join us for broadcast coverage of the Finals on Sunday, July 12 at 11 am MDT (17:00 UTC), live on Twitch!
Special Twitch Drops will be enabled exclusively on the DWD channel during the broadcast – so if you’re not playing in the Finals, make sure to tune in to claim your share of the loot!
As with the last ECQ, we’re honoring ongoing CDC recommendations and will be broadcasting from a remote location to help keep our staff safe and healthy! We’re still working through some of the process of remote broadcasts, and ask for your patience if we experience any technical issues along the way.