New Test Tournament: ReunionOctober 16, 2018
[UPDATE 10/18: The Reunion Test Tournament will now be available to players on Steam, Android, and iOS devices!]
This weekend brings our second test of Eternal‘s in-game tournament system: Reunion!
Reunion consists of two stages: A Qualifier Stage that’s open to everyone, and a Bracket Stage that will feature the top 32 players from the Qualifier.
This system test is in preparation for expanding Eternal‘s tournament system to include mobile players. For the first time, the tournament will be available to all players on Steam and on iOS and Android mobile devices!
[NOTE: As with all players on all devices, players choosing to participate in this event on mobile devices do so at their own risk. We cannot guarantee connectivity or signal strength, and any losses or problems arising from disconnects or similar issues will be treated as final.]
Here’s how it all works:
- All players across devices can participate in Reunion.
- The Qualifier Stage begins on Friday, October 19 at 11 am MDT (17:00 UTC) and will end on Saturday, October 20 at 11:59 pm MDT (6:00 UTC on October 21).
- Players can complete their games at any time during the Qualifier Stage; there is no benefit or penalty for playing early, late, or throughout the Stage.
- Each run consists of 6 games with the same constructed deck, win or lose.
- You can switch decks between runs, but not between individual games in a run.
- Your first 4 runs will determine your position on the event Leaderboard.
- The Top 32 players from the Qualifier Stage will progress forward to the Bracket Stage.
- Each run costs 300 Gems or 4,000 Gold to enter.
- The Bracket Stage begins promptly at 11 am MDT (17:00 UTC) on Sunday, October 21.
- Qualifying players must be online and ready to play when the Bracket Stage begins.
- You will receive an in-game prompt to join your first game when the Bracket Stage begins.
- The Bracket Stage is open to only the Top 32 players from the Qualifier Stage.
- Matches are Best of 3 games, single-elimination, played with a single constructed deck.
- There will be a five-minute break between games in each match, and a short delay between the last active game in a round and the start of the next round.
- The deck you play in the Bracket Stage does not need to be one you played during the Qualifier Stage.
- Decklists from the Bracket Stage will not be posted until after the event concludes.
- Each run will award prizes based on your number of wins, with a minimum of 4 packs of The Fall of Argenport per run.
- Leaderboard prizes will be delivered upon conclusion of the Bracket Stage.
- Players who finish in position 33+ in the Qualifier Stage will receive prizes based on the Leaderboard, with a minimum of 2 packs of The Fall of Argenport.
- Players who participate in the Bracket Stage will receive prizes based on final Bracket standings, as follows:
- 1st: 100 packs of The Fall of Argenport
- 2nd: 70 packs of The Fall of Argenport
- 3rd-4th: 50 packs of The Fall of Argenport
- 5th-8th: 40 packs of The Fall of Argenport
- 9th-16th: 30 packs of The Fall of Argenport
- 17th-32nd: 20 packs of The Fall of Argenport
Join Eternal game designers Patrick Chapin and Luis Scott-Vargas for broadcast coverage of the Bracket Stage on Sunday, October 21 at 11am MDT (17:00 UTC), live on Twitch!
Special Twitch Drops will be enabled exclusively on the DWD channel during the broadcast!
We’re welcoming mobile players to Eternal‘s competitive scene! Get ready for Reunion!
The Eternal software and all prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) and all such warranties are hereby disclaimed. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.